Friday, October 4, 2013

Sometimes I stare ( poem)


Sometimes I stare

Sometimes I stare off into space and into my own world

It is peaceful there. I mean no harm.

You see, life here is over-focused, over-stimulated, over- cluttered.

I do not mean to be rude. . .

But, I did not listen. You are right. I did not hear or see.

What was that you wanted me to know?

Input not received.

 

Sometimes I stare off into space

 And notice a little bug, or brightly colored leaf.

They make me happy. They bring me peace.

Even though, I know. . .

That my staring may seem out of place.

“Look!” you say,

“Over here, is the main event. The show we came to see, the game we bought tickets for.”

“You missed the play. What were you doing?”

Something alone.

 

Sometimes I stare off into space,

 And see that man with the funny hat

Or that little girl who seems sad, when everyone else is happy.

I notice things.

Not the things that everyone else is looking at,

But things nonetheless.

I mean no harm. I like this world, for it is mine.

It is safe. It is serene. It is real.

In my mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment: