Friday, October 14, 2016


Awe

What is awe?

Is it the same as “being curious”?

Is it like being surprised?

Awe is a mystery.

It is found in children exploring,

Though it hides from adults escaping

 

Why?

For only the daily struggle I see.

Around me flowers bloom.  Clouds roll into odd shapes.

Yet on I trudge -- blind to the world’s treasures

 

To be in awe is experience

Something bigger, something greater

Yet feeling neither small nor defeated

To be in awe is to pause, and reflect

On, how good life can be!

 

To be in awe is to be aware that God is present

That there is a purpose, that there is a plan

It may be a sunset or a rainbow or a simple coincidence

I can ignore or I can stop, look and lose myself

 

And can be in awe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment